What is Vegetation on the Roof?
- Weeds and plants (that weren’t intentionally planted)
- Trees and Shrubs
- Moss and lichen
- Algae, mildew, mould
What Causes Roof Vegetation?
- Lack of roof maintenance
- Poor drainage
- Accumulated organic debris
- Seeds spread by wind, birds and critters
Vegetation Damages Structure and Contents
- Aggressive Roots puncture the membrane.
- The roots continue to grow between membrane and roof deck until they pierce through insulation.
- This damage leads to slow leaks, perfect for mould growth and rot.
- A simple spark can ignite a fire to dry grass, moss and other plants.
Birds / Pests
Bird nests are more than a nuisance when they’re hiding on a roof. There are humane ways to keep birds off the roof…
Roof Replacement Financing
Design Roofing offers roof replacement financing for Stratas and commercial buildings in the Lower Mainland…
Ready to Start your project?
Design Roofing is the premier Vancouver, Lower Mainland and Greater Toronto Area commercial & Strata roofing contractor, providing Quality on Top since 1984. As a member of the Canadian Roofing Contractors Association (CRCA)and the Roofing Contractors Association of BC (RCABC), our professional approach to commercial and industrial roof installation, roof maintenance and repairs has earned us a reputation of excellence among architects, general contractors, roof consultants and building owners alike.
Schedule an Assessment